What's new

[Solved] 2 Tomato shibby routers with home and guest network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FB29

New Around Here
Hello all,

I'm new here and googled a lot to find a workable sollution for my problem. None of the have worked so far.
I hope that here i find/get the right anwsers.

Thank's in advance.

I have my main router a Asus RT-AC66U with Tomato Shibby (1.28.0000 MIPSR2-140 K26AC USB AIO-64K) and a secondary router Asus RT-N16 with Tomato Shibby (1.28.0000 MIPSR2-140 K26 USB AIO)

On the main-router i have my homenetwork (br1)(192.168.2.1-100) and a guestnetwork (br2)(10.0.10.1-20).
VLAN1 is pointing to br1 and VLAN3 to br2/
WL0 and WL1 pointing to br0 and WL0.1 and WL1.1 to br1

I want the secondary router is only a WLAN accespoint (DHCP on main router) an switch to my home(WL0) and guest(WL0.1) network.
On the lan ports should be my home network. (in the future LAN 1 and 2 home network and LAN 2 and 3 guest)

Can someone please help me to config this ?

Last edited:
Sounds like you need VLANs. You may have hit the limit of your equipment. You may want to look at small business equipment to gain network wide VLANs.

Sounds like you need VLANs. You may have hit the limit of your equipment. You may want to look at small business equipment to gain network wide VLANs.

With Tomato setting up multiple VLANs and Virtual APs is straight forward. The OPs question is can Tomato share VLANs across his two routers or a router and a router being used as an AP?

I think it is working.

One of the problems was the LAN port numbers. Asus Lan port 1 is in Tomato port 4. This is for the Main router as the secondary router !

Main Router
I have tagged VLAN 1 and 3 to Tomato Lan port 1 (Asus LAN4).

Secondary Router
Create br0 with IP adres 192.168.2.2 and DHCP disabled
Create br1 with IP adres 10.0.10.2 and DHCP disabled

VLAN1 tagged on LAN port 4 (Tomato -> Asus LAN 1) bridge br0
Create VLAN 3, tagged on LAN port 4 (Tomato -> Asus LAN1) bridge br1

Wireless WL0 to br0
Wireless WL0.1 to br1

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!