What's new

Solved: AC66U - Freebox - Vlan100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

francky06l

New Around Here
Hi all,

Juste replaced and old Linksys WRT54G by an AC66U freshly flashed with Asus Merlin.
My ISP provider is Free (it's the name) in France. They provide Internet / TV / Phone etc .. through 2 units the server (Freebox Server) and the player (Freebox player).

The server can be set in bridge mode, thus acting as a modem - it's not PPOE (the connection is direct to DSLAM) this what I use.

The AC66 Wan param are set to "automatic" having a cable from the server to the WAN Port and eveything works as expected !!

Now for the TV, it does not when the player is NOT Plugged on the server, because they use a tagged Vlan 100 as private network.

In order to get the TV behind the AC66 I decided to create a VLAN using the IPTV interface, I manually set the Internet port to 100 and the port 4 to 100. Note that the port 4 is not tagged in this case, I did tag it using ssh and robocfg.

At first:
  • Tv Works, great !!!
  • No internet access anymore on the Lan, and in the routeur interface the WAN Connection appears with a warning about DHCP problem !!Arghhhh !!!
My though is that the DHCP request are somehow wrong since the Vlan (or not going on the right place). I have tried to make the Vlan using the port 3 and 4 (leaving 0 alone) but I get the same issue.
Also the Player has got a browser etc .. but it needs to retrieve an address from the Lan (untagged), to do this I changed the Vlan1 port and added the 4u port (hoping that the untagged request would be handled there). Note that I tried this separately.

The question is, what I am doing wrong ? Should I add the CPU port 8 tagged in the Vlan (not sure it has an impact on this).

Thanks for your help and big thank to have created such firmware !
F.

Solved:

Actually quite easy, just this few lines in /jffs/scripts/services-start

#!/bin/sh
# Create VLAN 100 tagged on port 0 and 4
robocfg vlan 100 ports "0t 4t"
# Add the vlan Interface
vconfig add eth0 100

Not far from the Manual IPTV settings, except the Port choosend is tagged (t) and NOT removed fromVlan1.
This gives
/tmp/home/root# robocfg show
Switch: enabled gigabit
Port 0: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: f4:ca:e5:5b:f1:6c
Port 1: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 54:ab:3a:66:cb:a8
Port 2: DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 3: DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 4: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 14:0c:76:47:a8:14
Port 8: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: d0:17:c2:d6:30:48
VLANs: BCM53115 enabled mac_check mac_hash
1: vlan1: 1 2 3 4 8t
2: vlan2: 0 8u
100: vlan100: 0t 4t

Maybe an option "Freebox" in a future release ?

Thanks to the forum (it gave me hints) and to Merlin for this superb firmware
F.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online