What's new

[ SOLVED ] Can't remove file in /jffs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

octopus

Part of the Furniture
Hi

I have a strange problem, can't remove file in /jffs. I have renamed one file and I got a "´" in file name.
Tried to remove/delete with winSCP and rm -f with no succes also formated /jffs but no new formated /jffs.
Have not yet tried to do a reset router with "wps" button.

Someone have any suggestion to remove that file?

on´_hold_vsftp.postconf

jffs-error1.jpg

If the file is actually called "on´_hold_vsftp.postconf", log onto the router using something like PuTTY and try using the following commands:

# cd /jffs
# rm -f *vsftp.postconf

If the file is actually called "on´_hold_vsftp.postconf", log onto the router using something like PuTTY and try using the following commands:

# cd /jffs
# rm -f *vsftp.postconf
Really good propostion.
Or you can try to quote it
Code:
rm "on´_hold_vsftp.postconf"
or
rm "./on´_hold_vsftp.postconf"
Or escape it
Code:
rm on\´_hold_vsftp.postconf
or
rm ./on\´_hold_vsftp.postconf
P.S. Via ssh or web cmd interface (if it is still available)

# cd /jffs
# rm -f *vsftp.postconf

Yes its have that name

jffs-error2.jpg

Thank you
I try later on I'm out atm.

Back in stone-age DOS days,

del *vsftp.postconf

would delete ALL files in the directory, which had the extension ".postconf ". The "vsftp" part would have been totally ignored. (It was documented in the DOS 2.0 manual, but rather hidden away.)

I once used a command line as above, wiped the directory clean, and for a few hours I thought I was going to be fired. I never made the same mistake again :)

I am not a scripting expert and maybe *nix scripts work differently, but since this is the only file whose name starts with "on", maybe it would be safer to use

# cd /jffs
# rm -f on*.postconf

Back in stone-age DOS days,

del *vsftp.postconf

would delete ALL files in the directory, which had the extension ".postconf ". The "vsftp" part would have been totally ignored. (It was documented in the DOS 2.0 manual, but rather hidden away.)

I once used a command line as above, wiped the directory clean, and for a few hours I thought I was going to be fired. I never made the same mistake again :)

I am not a scripting expert and maybe *nix scripts work differently, but since this is the only file whose name starts with "on", maybe it would be safer to use

# cd /jffs
# rm -f on*.postconf

Thank you

This did the trick. Tested all other suggestions without delete on file.

Thank you all for helping hand.:)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!