What's new

[SOLVED] DDNS SSH Command

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

muffintastic

Hello.

Just wondering is there a specific ssh command that i can force an update of the DDNS client through SSH?

I can connect to a relatives router (RTAC86U) via SSH, but can't access the GUI, this is with DoT enabled too. Seems to work for a few days then the GUI is inaccessible, remote Gui is enabled, running Skynet firewall with secure access disabled.

Anyone help?

Code:
service restart_ddns

@muffintastic, if I'm understanding correctly, allowing SSH over WAN is not recommended. A major security risk.

RMerlin once gave tips how to use SSH over WAN in a relatively safe way:

RMerlin said:
Dropbear ain't bad security-wise. Just make sure you move SSH to a non-standard port to avoid your router getting flooded with connection attempts, and use key-based authentication.

RMerlin once gave tips how to use SSH over WAN in a relatively safe way:
Thanks for this. It’s exactly what I do (as a fall-back should there be problems with both OpenVPN servers and to try and stay familiar with SSH). It’s reassuring to know Merlin’s views on it, though.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!