What's new

{SOLVED} GT-AX11000 can't get 2.5gbe speeds working on LAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papadon

New Around Here
Hi all,

Running the 2.5GBE port on the AX-11000 with Cat7 cable direct to my PC with MSI B550i board - contains a Realtek 2.5GBE PCI-E adapter on the motherboard. All drivers are updated and I've checked link negotiation settings, but nothing seems to get these two talking past 1.0GBPS, per Windows.

Any advice here? I do have a 1GBPS switch connected to the LAN ports of the AX-11000, but I figure this shouldn't be interfering with the separate 2.5GBE LAN port, right? I purchased a 2.5GBE 5-port switch as well just in case, but I haven't gotten it yet.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

Hi all,

Running the 2.5GBE port on the AX-11000 with Cat7 cable direct to my PC with MSI B550i board - contains a Realtek 2.5GBE PCI-E adapter on the motherboard. All drivers are updated and I've checked link negotiation settings, but nothing seems to get these two talking past 1.0GBPS, per Windows.

Any advice here? I do have a 1GBPS switch connected to the LAN ports of the AX-11000, but I figure this shouldn't be interfering with the separate 2.5GBE LAN port, right? I purchased a 2.5GBE 5-port switch as well just in case, but I haven't gotten it yet.

Thoughts?
Thanks!
If you log into the WebGUI of the AX11000 what status does it give for that port? The 2.5Gbps port on my AX86U is connected to a 5Gbps port on my switch and shows as connected at 2.5Gbps. I've had three devices simultaneously backing up to the NAS at a combined speed of 1.6Gbps so I know it's not lying....

Try a different LAN cable and try a different 2.5Gb device connected to the ASUS router port.
Be sure to check the advanced settings for the 2.5Gb adapter and ensure Link speed settings are set for Auto or try 2500Mbs if seen in the configuration.
I've been using a RealTek 2.5Gb PCIe adapter card on a Windows 10x64 PC and it reporting connecting at 2.5Gb with the router here.

Totally forgot that I had a gigabit switch mounted behind my desk splitting the 2.5gbe connection from my router into a connection for my desktop and my work laptop. Removed it and direct connected my desktop to the router now and it works with 2.5gbe.

Glad you found the problem. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!