What's new

**SOLVED** GT-AX11000 Pro 10GE led not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DiscoSi

Occasional Visitor
Has anyone noticed the 10GE led not illuminating even when connected to 10gb device? I've got a 10gb switch plugged in and it confirms the port is running at 10gb, the router GUI also confirms it as well as checking syslog when the link comes up. Speeds seem to indicate that it is running at 10gb but the led remains unlit. Am I missing something? Not too bothered but just curious, I wonder if the same is true for the AXE16000 as well? The hardware is pretty similar. I recall Merlin has the 16000 and maybe if you read this can you confirm if the 10GE led lights up for you at all?

Oh, I'm running Merlin 388.1 btw

Last edited:
**FIXED** Putting this here for the benefit of anyone else who might experience the same.

So, after trying several devices in the 10GE port with it as a LAN port and also trying it with my modem as a WAN port, nothing would make the 10GE light come on. The port itself works just fine at all speeds right up to 10Gbps, just the led not coming on. I've communicated with another user on here who owns an AX11000 Pro and they confirmed that the LED works just fine on theirs. I'd tried latest stock firmware as well as Merlin but to no avail.

This is where it gets a bit surprising, just for the heck of it before I sent it back for a replacement, I downgraded to the initial firmware release version 3.0.0.4.386.49634 and still no LED illuminating. Then I've just gone back to the latest stock version 3.0.0.4.388.22237 and can't believe my eyes but the LED is on now and working!

I'd WPS reset, GUI factory reset several times in between all the firmwares and followed L&LDs nuclear reset steps too, so to mind mind this kinda defies all logic but a setting somewhere must've got stuck which the downgrade and re-upgrade must've cleared somehow? I'll keep an eye on it but does seem software/firmware related rather then a physical hardware fault.

Last edited:
I suspect in your case, the re-flashing of the firmware is what made it work again. That initial flash didn't 'take' for various (unknown) reasons. Glad you got it working again!

I haven't had one of these 'quirks' with my Asus routers before (I've had about 5-6 different models over the years), and have been a bit skeptical of the suggestions that they need all this gentle coaxing sometimes get them to behave. I guess I've been lucky but now I've seen it first hand I finally believe! :)

Yes, everyone is a non-believer until they've seen the light for themselves. :D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!