[SOLVED] High nvram usage

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

CRossi

New Around Here
Out of my control.

Hi RMerlin. First of all, thanks so much for your efforts. Your firmware is amazing!

Anyway, about your answer ... I suspected it! :) (Maybe can you suggest this thing to the developers of original Asus firmware? ;))

But do you know if it's possible to manage custom config files added in jffs (both additions and replacements) with the web GUI? If not natively, maybe adding custom web pages?

Thanks again.

dony71

Occasional Visitor
I have huge parameters on
wl_maclist, wl_maclist_x, wl0_maclist, wl0_maclist_x, wl1_maclist, wl1_maclist_x
Is there possible also to offload these parameters from nvram like dhcp-host ?
If possible, how to?

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
I have huge parameters on
wl_maclist, wl_maclist_x, wl0_maclist, wl0_maclist_x, wl1_maclist, wl1_maclist_x
Is there possible also to offload these parameters from nvram like dhcp-host ?
If possible, how to?

Not possible.

Twiga10

New Around Here
You might try this command - not destructive as far as I know - just clears nvram var lines with = "blank" entries ...
Code:
for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done; nvram commit

Has worked for me without issues on AC-5300 and DSL-AC86U
Found this post after searching far/wide ... thank you so much. It worked for me. :)

kernol

Very Senior Member
Found this post after searching far/wide ... thank you so much. It worked for me. :)
Welcome to the forum @Twiga10 - glad that helped. NB - I got the line from another coder - so was just passing on the benefit of being a member of these forums ;). Another member added a refinement to the code which is in this post above.