What's new

[Solved] Port Forwarding enabled?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

liukuohao

Regular Contributor
Hi guys,

Currently my RT-AC86U router is not using Port Forwarding.

2023-04-22_18-39-33.jpg

However, when I go to System Log- Port Forwarding, I can see Port 80 is opened. See below. Am I right?

2023-04-22_18-43-44.jpg

Anyone can tell me why port forwarding is turned on, while I confirmed it is off.

thank you.

The port isn't being forwarded in the normal sense. Those entries are for Parental Control - Time Scheduling.

The port isn't being forwarded in the normal sense. Those entries are for Parental Control - Time Scheduling.
Thanks. 👍Indeed, Time Scheduling is turned ON. Once it is off, I don't see anything under System log -Port Forwarding.

Why on earth is port forwarding turned on if I enable Time Scheduling for blocking my Xiaomi phone from accessing internet?

2023-04-22_20-18-00.jpg

Why on earth is port forwarding turned on if I enable Time Scheduling for blocking my Xiaomi phone from accessing internet?
Because when Time Scheduling is enabled rules are created that redirect (i.e. forward) outgoing HTTP traffic from the device to a banner message on the router (port 18099) that says "this device is blocked".

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Because when Time Scheduling is enabled rules are created that redirect (i.e. forward) outgoing HTTP traffic from the device to a banner message on the router (port 18099) that says "this device is blocked".
Alright, just to be clear, when I turn on Time-Scheduling, and I am blocking a device from accessing the internet.
I am literally open port 80 on my WAN port?
My ISP is running GWNAT, hence my WAN IP is showing Private IP addressing.

2023-04-22_22-56-16.jpg

I did a port check, see below. But it detected Port 80 is closed.

Is the firewall only port forwarding LAN network on Port 80? Of course, it is that is why I able to reach my router GUI at http://192.168.X.X.

2023-04-22_22-50-21.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!