What's new

Solved RT-AC88U 5Ghz wifi problem on 384.18

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I find channel 36 works best in my environment as my close neighbors are all running in the upper channels.

Either faulty indicator (Asus left it 'enabled' by mistake) and/or the router needs to be reset (fully).

merlin was right. I got same problem today with 5Ghz network, and switch to channel 44, until then everything is working fine. Maybe that 48 was problem after all, but will see after few days of testing.

5GHz-1024x264.png

The Broadcom ASIC in the AC88U doesn't offer the mid channels. I don't know if that's a compatibility or UI simplification choice for end users.

If you force 80MHz exclusive, it has no choice but to consume 36 - 48. AFAIK the AC88U can't use the DFS range or mix the upper and lower band channels.

Whatever the reason, I'd just pick 36 on the lower band, as no matter what it's going to consume 36 - 48.

Last edited:
The Broadcom ASIC in the 88U doesn't offer the mid channels. I don't know if that's a compatibility or UI simplification choice for end users.

If you force 80MHz exclusive, it has no choice but to consume 36 - 48. AFAIK the 88U can't use the DFS range or mix the upper and lower band channels.

Whatever the reason, I'd just pick 36 on the lower band, as no matter what it's going to consume 36 - 48.

So 36 chan. on 80Mhz bandwidth ?