What's new

[SOLVED] Turned off outbound filtering and qos for upload still incredibly slow upload speeds?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try withdrawing all permissions in Administration, Policy.

Then, reboot the router via the GUI.
Thanks - this did increase my download speeds, I can easily break 900 with this disabled. Doesn't solve the upload problem though

My upload speeds are still stuck at 50 even with Qos and Skynet disabled, so that's not even what's causing it I guess. So I'm going to try a factory reset and go from there I guess.

Slow upload speed when using Asus routers with Verizon Fios was reported multiple times here on SNB Forums and for different router models. If you search around you'll find many threads. Perhaps someone else with the same router, firmware and ISP may share experience. I would test with stock Asuswrt and if the issue is the same - you may have to wait for firmware upgrade. Asuswrt-Merlin base comes from Asuswrt.

It was even listed as fixed in some Asuswrt firmware updates in the past:

1711762642110.png

I know what it is. I'm talking about the fact that on the Firewall page Skynet needs to log dropped packets. That option kills my upload. I turned off almost all other logging. If I disable that option and skynet (because skynet keeps turning it back on) then my issue goes away. So yes I want Skynet. And I don't want that logging turned on. Or have it not kill my upload.

As per the skynet readme;

• firewall settings logmode enable|disable: Enable/disable logging.

I think your issue lies elsewhere. I can't confirm any case of reports that Skynet slows down a user's connection noticeably after 10 years of being available.

OK, thank you everyone for responding. I went on a wild goose chase switching over to the Dual WAN and then I found something talking about how fios ipv6 doesn't do ethernet pause frames correctly with some intel nics

Which led to me changing my computer's net.core.default_qdisc to fq_codel and disabling bbr...

And I'm getting decent upload now with skynet enabled so i'm going to leave it alone and mark this thread as solved.

Thanks all for indulging this....

I went on a wild goose chase switching over to the Dual WAN and then I found something talking about how fios ipv6 doesn't do ethernet pause frames correctly with some intel nics

Which led to me changing my computer's net.core.default_qdisc to fq_codel and disabling bbr...

That's odd - as Ethernet Flow Control is layer 2, and BBR/QoS solutions work at the TCP layer...

Anyways, as along are your problem is sorted, that's all good...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!