1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

[Solved] User defined priority qos missing after firmware upgrade on rt-ac750

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by D-Zs, Aug 19, 2019.

1. D-Zs

D-Zs New Around Here

I was helping my sister with her wifi. She only has a 15/1mbit connection, and everytime one of her kids uploaded a video to snapchat and such, the connection would drop and pings were above 3000.

So I managed to fix it by setting the upload to 40% in the user-defined priority QoS. Then I noticed that a new firmware was available, so I updated the router, and now the user defined priority QoS is gone!

I am able to set the QoS for upload and download but only as mb/s which isn't useful, as I need to make it 400 kb/s.

I have tried to find older firmware, and downgraded to **3.0.0.4.380\_7378** which was the oldest version I could find, but the function is still missing.

Any tips as to how I can restrict the upload to 40% in some other way, or perhaps know where I can find even older firmware than I have found already?

2. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Post a screenshot of your QoS page. The settings should definitely still exist, however they might have moved since that very old 380_xxxx firmware.

I do not recommend running an older firmware, as you will expose your network to a number of security issues that have been resolved over the years.

3. D-Zs

D-Zs New Around Here

Hi, thanks for the reply. I finally got it working last night :)