What's new

Solved Wifi Upload not limited by QoS on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

if we are running firmware like merlin then how are we meant to report closed Source bugs if their is no feedback page to report then

Last edited:
if we are running firmware like merlin then how are we meant to report closed Source bugs if their is no feedback page to report then

Exactly. My. Point.

You posted in a thread about the *official* firmware. You never told me that you were on my firmware before people starting quizzing you about it. Once you did, everyone told you THEN that you should provide feedback using the form on the stock firmware, not my firmware.

You are wrong.

The thread was created by someone reporting an issue with their router running Merlin (check the original post and screenshots in that post, and you will see they are running Merlin not stock).

If you check original post you can clearly see the user reporting the issue is running Merlin not stock, thus my responses in this thread regarding a bug i am experiencing in Merlin too.

So forgive me if I take your advice at face value and apply it in a thread created by someone who is using your Merlin firmware.

Last edited:
Load stock firmware and go on with feedback, its so easy.
And before you can safe your Merlin config for faster get back to where you are.

That is not an efficient way to report bugs what so ever.

There has to be a better process for reporting bugs in Merlin that pertain to Asus code without having to change firmware on a router.

That is a ridiculous waste of time and completely inefficient.

Why argue? Do want you need to do to get the router working as you wish. If you want to go to that trouble, of course. :rolleyes:

Why argue? Do want you need to do to get the router working as you wish. If you want to go to that trouble, of course. :rolleyes:

No, simply explaining why being annoyed at me for something that I've done based on advice given is unreasonable based on original post and firmware that the thread creator is using.

Last edited:
And after everything is clarified by RMerlin, you are still refusing to admit your part in this misunderstanding from your end.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...d-by-qos-on-rt-ac86u.44952/page-2#post-419983

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...d-by-qos-on-rt-ac86u.44952/page-3#post-568502

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...d-by-qos-on-rt-ac86u.44952/page-3#post-568578

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...d-by-qos-on-rt-ac86u.44952/page-3#post-568926

RMerlin has been very clear and consistent.

To report bugs to Asus about closed source blobs that he doesn't have access to should be done using official Asuswrt firmware, not his.

Using his firmware to get to the 'reporting link' is wasting both their time and yours, as he explained to you.

It seems very clear to me why he may be annoyed (even if I don't think he is, right now).

Do what's needed and don't worry so much about being 'right'. :)

And after everything is clarified by RMerlin, you are still refusing to admit your part in this misunderstanding from your end.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...d-by-qos-on-rt-ac86u.44952/page-2#post-419983

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...d-by-qos-on-rt-ac86u.44952/page-3#post-568502

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...d-by-qos-on-rt-ac86u.44952/page-3#post-568578

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...d-by-qos-on-rt-ac86u.44952/page-3#post-568926

RMerlin has been very clear and consistent.

To report bugs to Asus about closed source blobs that he doesn't have access to should be done using official Asuswrt firmware, not his.

Using his firmware to get to the 'reporting link' is wasting both their time and yours, as he explained to you.

It seems very clear to me why he may be annoyed (even if I don't think he is, right now).

Do what's needed and don't worry so much about being 'right'. :)

That's because the misunderstanding does not stem from my end based on this thread we are actually conversing in.

It's quite simple, the person who made this thread was referring to Merlin firmware not stock.

Therefore, quite clearly the misunderstanding is not on my part.

I don't know why you are simply repeating verbatim what he said.

That was not in question.

All things considering, it's interesting that you think I should not be so concerned with being right :)

Just because the original poster made an incorrect assumption, you shouldn't continue doing so too. :)

The facts speak for themselves. You are not right here.

Just because the original poster made an incorrect assumption, you shouldn't continue doing so too. :)

The facts speak for themselves. You are not right here.

Our entire conversation is housed within a thread about a user having an issue while using Merlin, albeit the issue actually stems from asus source code.

I am not incorrect to assume any advice given here within would be regarding fixing that problem with the variables the original poster had - of which I also shared.

Namely: using Merlin and having issues with QOS.

So when someone tells me to do something within a Merlin based thread and then is not happy when I follow their advice word for word because they personally had not read the initial post, on what planet does the fault lie with me?

So, on the contrary, I am right here and your appreciation for a very good software developer is clouding your objectivity substantially.

Had this thread not been originally created about an issue noted while using Merlin I would have agreed wholeheartedly with RMerlins comments.

You are confused. I'm not.

Keep banging your head against all logic. :)

Not others only you are misunderstanding the reason why it has been posted here long time ago!

Used both stock and Merlin to test.
1.) Thread starter used BOTH firmwares, Merlin AND stock!

2.) He did not use feedback form with Merlin-firmware like you did and want to do

3.) You reopened a 2 years old thread when ArthurLien from Asus has been here and could help and forwarded problems directly to their technicians.

Times are changing ... and ignoring this last fact is the main problem you've got!

Last edited:
The thread was created by someone reporting an issue with their router running Merlin (check the original post and screenshots in that post, and you will see they are running Merlin not stock).

Then it was posted in the wrong forums. The forum title clearly says "ASUSWRT - Official".

You run the latest stock firmware, confirm the issue is still there (because it might very well already be fixed in Asus's latest release), and if it is, you use the Feedback form to report from the official firmware. As simple as that.

You won't know if the issue is still there in the latest STOCK firmware until you have taken these steps. As I've already said, reporting to Asus a bug that a) may possibly already be fixed in THEIR latest release, and b) can very well be specific to my firmware and not theirs, and therefore shouldn't be forwarded to them, is simply wrong.

You guys can argue all you want on this, but my position is final. And to make sure people don't screw up with this any longer, I will be completely removing that page in the next release. I can't believe people are arguing over two pages in a thread over this.

You are confused. I'm not.

Keep banging your head against all logic. :)

You're right, talking to you in this thread is beginning to hurt. :)

Not others only you are misunderstanding the reason why it has been posted here long time ago!

1.) Thread starter used BOTH firmwares, Merlin AND stock!

2.) He did not use feedback form with Merlin-firmware like you did and want to do

3.) You reopened a 2 years old thread when ArthurLien from Asus has been here and could help and forwarded problems directly to their technicians.

Times are changing ... and ignoring this last fact is the main problem you've got!

1. ) So did I, what is your point?

Your point does not detract from the fact they were using Merlin.

2. ) So what, he wasn't advised to by RMerlin, your point being exactly?

3. ) I reopened an entirely relevant thread, instead of carrying on another thread that is essentially covering the same issue.

Once again, your point being?

4. ) That's not my problem - that's everyones. If you cant get issues fixed that is a legitimate issue and stagnates firmware and innovation.

Once again, your point being?

Then it was posted in the wrong forums. The forum title clearly says "ASUSWRT - Official".

That's where the confusion lay!

A walk in the fresh air will really help. Stay safe and keep your distance (from keyboards too). :)

A walk in the fresh air will really help. Stay safe and keep your distance (from keyboards too). :)

Education and approaching logical reasoning with an ounce of critical thought will really help.

Or you can continue as you are.

Please yourself. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!