What's new

Solved Wifi Upload not limited by QoS on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You run the latest stock firmware, confirm the issue is still there (because it might very well already be fixed in Asus's latest release), and if it is, you use the Feedback form to report from the official firmware. As simple as that.

You won't know if the issue is still there in the latest STOCK firmware until you have taken these steps. As I've already said, reporting to Asus a bug that a) may possibly already be fixed in THEIR latest release, and b) can very well be specific to my firmware and not theirs, and therefore shouldn't be forwarded to them, is simply wrong.

get real why would we have to reflash the stock firmware to report closed scorced asus bugs and refash back again we might as well just have one firmware then

get real why would we have to reflash the stock firmware to report closed scorced asus bugs and refash back again we might as well just have one firmware then

The why has been explained. That's the way it is. If you have a better solution, explain it. Meanwhile, you have a choice of firmware and they each have their conditions.

OE

Yes, you're right. :)

That may work, but may not include router diagnostic information assembled by the router Feedback function.

OE

Best solution i've seen so far in this thread - whether they monitor email is another matter.

it was from the app their was an email address on the google play app

Hmm... I wonder how that app feedback reports on Asuswrt-Merlin. As was suggested earlier, I don't think Asus wants feedback on third party firmware.

OE

go have a look on the google play web site where you down load the asus router app thats where i got the email address and that is allso the feedback email address from stock firmware some times you have to send it through email as well

go have a look on the google play web site where you down load the asus router app thats where i got the email address and that is allso the feedback email address from stock firmware some times you have to send it through email as well

I think I understand your grammar now. You are referring to an e-mail address. I thought you were referring to a feedback function in the Asus router app. So, yeah, you should be able to use an e-mail address, but it won't include any router diagnostic information.

If you are serious about providing feedback to Asus, you might want to install the stock firmware and work it out through that. If they respond, they may have questions for you and may even have you install special firmware to collect more information. So, be prepared to work the problem with them, not just complain about it. I went through this on 86U builds 32797,9... they sent special firmware for me to use... and it wasn't of Asuswrt-Merlin.

Asuswrt-Merlin is what it is. Use it or leave it.

OE

I feel like I just witnessed an honest to goodness pie fight.

One more thing crossed off the bucket list.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!