What's new

SOLVED: Zeroconf/Bonjour woes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

420kilobytes

Occasional Visitor
EDIT: I solved my own problem. It turned out to be a setting on one of my many RT N16 repeaters that was messing it up. All devices on my network are using Merlin Asuswrt w/ repeater.

I have installed a RT-AC66U with latest Merlin beta to replace a RT-N16 running TomatoUSB.

Since making the AC66U I have noticed things that depend on multicast forwarding (such as 0conf/Bonjour) aren't working. I can't see iTunes shared libraries across my network, and OS X Printer sharing doesn't work, for instance.

I've had some of my devices running behind wireless routers set up in client mode on their own subnet, with a static IP on the main wireless (which is the AC66U's wireless now) but that doesn't seem to be working anymore.

I made sure I have wireless multicast forwarding turned on for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

Has anyone else run into similar issues, and if so, have you found any fixes/workarounds?

Last edited:
EDIT: I solved my own problem. It turned out to be a setting on one of my many RT N16 repeaters that was messing it up.

Out of curiosity, which setting was it?

Yes please share your experience with us ;)
Thanks.
:cool: