Solved Solved

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Yota

Regular Contributor
Solved

Last edited:

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
I can nslookup any website and confirm that the DNS server is not DoT but from my ISP

Which is normal, since DoT requires an accurate clock to work.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
I think the RT-AC86U dnsmasq is still forwarding the dns requests to the upstream during this one-minute window. On my old 68U, dnsmasq does not seem to forward requests to the upstream, so I cannot resolve any websites, thus protecting me from the threat of DNS leaks.

Which would also mean it would be unable to resolve the NTP server address, preventing it from ever being able to synchronise it's clock.

Using the upstream resolver until the time NTP is set is perfectly normal, and required for DoT to ever become usable.

Yota

Regular Contributor
Which would also mean it would be unable to resolve the NTP server address, preventing it from ever being able to synchronise it's clock.

Using the upstream resolver until the time NTP is set is perfectly normal, and required for DoT to ever become usable.
I got it, thank you

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!