What's new

Some advice

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lvcrprts

New Around Here
Just signed up and have a question but i am not sure where i need to go to find the info i need. I have the AC-1900 model with the 384.3 beta firmware. I was smart enough to figure out the firmware upgrade but the 384.4 version seems to be over my head. I really enjoy the effort that all you people put into this project and the reason i installed it on my router is that i feel a lot of you are tweaker's like me who just can't leave anything stock alone. I bought a friend the AC3100 model for his house and the menus are the same and the tweaks are a little different. On my AC1900 model some guidance is needed to help me transition to 384.4, i consider myself fairly new to router tweaks but always feel i can learn from others. I did a factory reset on my 1900 and inputted all info again and set it up correctly but wonder if there is more than can be done. The 3100 seems to be a little intimidating to me as i set up the profiles and time scheduling on parental controls and clicked apply and thought i was done. Teenage son is getting around router settings and the mac address filtering i put in place doesn't seem to be working, am i missing something ?? Son staying up too late playing games and dad wants router access to shut down for him on school nights. Son also is getting around router by using other open networks so i told dad that i can't do much for open networks. Can the 3100 force son to use only local network and block other networks from access ?? If there is somewhere i need to go just let me know and i will do some more reading. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone for having such passion for this.

Just signed up and have a question but i am not sure where i need to go to find the info i need. I have the AC-1900 model with the 384.3 beta firmware. I was smart enough to figure out the firmware upgrade but the 384.4 version seems to be over my head. I really enjoy the effort that all you people put into this project and the reason i installed it on my router is that i feel a lot of you are tweaker's like me who just can't leave anything stock alone. I bought a friend the AC3100 model for his house and the menus are the same and the tweaks are a little different. On my AC1900 model some guidance is needed to help me transition to 384.4, i consider myself fairly new to router tweaks but always feel i can learn from others. I did a factory reset on my 1900 and inputted all info again and set it up correctly but wonder if there is more than can be done. The 3100 seems to be a little intimidating to me as i set up the profiles and time scheduling on parental controls and clicked apply and thought i was done. Teenage son is getting around router settings and the mac address filtering i put in place doesn't seem to be working, am i missing something ?? Son staying up too late playing games and dad wants router access to shut down for him on school nights. Son also is getting around router by using other open networks so i told dad that i can't do much for open networks. Can the 3100 force son to use only local network and block other networks from access ?? If there is somewhere i need to go just let me know and i will do some more reading. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone for having such passion for this.

If the parental controls are not working, report this to ASUS.

As for the open WiFi by other, you have no control over that except to use a firm hand instead of firmware... take the games/computing devices away until they are mature enough to use them maturely.

OE