What's new

Sorry you have been blocked

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hank Barta

Occasional Visitor
Trying to post I keep getting this. Can't figure out why and I'm not sure my message via 'contact us' went through. I'm curious if this will go through.

Edit: It posted. There must be something in the content of my post that is causing this. I just tried posting that again and it went through.

Confused in Winfield,
hank

Posting anything that looks like code will often trigger a Cloudflare block. If this happens, post an image or use Pastebin.

Still getting the "you are blocked" message. Associate info is
CloudFlare Ray ID: 30afe38b757554bc • Your IP: 2601:249:e00:6b53:2dd0:de6f:4da1:f6af

This happened when I tried to reply and hit 'more options'

Thanks for the tip. Here is the text I am trying to post:
I'll continue the post in a reply.
I logged into the router via tel...net and added a local host to /etc/ho...sts. This did not go well.
The OP is http://www.snbforums.com/threads/dns-for-renamed-hosts.36052/

I wonder if the program which shall not be named is a trigger word. I know it is a Bad Thing() from a security standpoint. I got the 'blocked' popup here just putting it into this post

Cloudflare is not looking for spam. It is looking for malicious activity.
I also had security turned up higher than normal the past few days due to problems earlier in the week. I lowered it yesterday and maybe that made the difference.

OK, either the remote access program which shall not be named or the file that is used to resolve host names and which shall not be named is the culprit. But inserting an ellipsis in the bad word seems to bypass it. Apologies for working around this 'protective feature' which is probably a violation of SNB's TOS but I need to explain the problem (and I am pretty sure I am not violating the spirit of the TOS.)

Just saw your reply. I'm sorry that you have to punch up security but understand the need. I saw that this would be a big issue when the Internet was nascent and should probably have gone into security rather than stick with embedded systems. ;) But now I get to deal with both!

Thanks again for your help!

Edit: I just posted a link to a description on Google Docs because I already have an account.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!