What's new

sOs Unable to return to previous position rt ac88u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jfk.1963

New Around Here
Hello
This is the first time this has happened to me. I therefore need your expert opinions:

Router ASUS RT AC88U
Firmware asus updated
Changeover to Asus-Merlin
Firmware A-Merlin updated
Switch to dd-wrt
Firmware DD-Wrt updated

In all these steps, the installation, configuration and installation of a new firmware have ALWAYS WORK ALWAYS.

DD-wrt does not satisfy me: CPU temperatures rising, speeds fluctuating but descending in flow, vpn which lets go no connection before resuming hand.
Note, this is a finding found in asus asus-merlin and dd-wrt. A constant.
But in the scale of values, I place A-Merlin in better position than the others.
The only firmware that would have interested me to try was openwrt.

For the first time, dd-wrt is positioned as a leader and prohibits retrofitting by the firmware of A Merlin.

Question: Do you have this problem? If so, how did you deal with it?
I say again:
I'm on dd-wrt
I want to go back to asus-merlin
The default "factory" upgrade works on dd-wrt but not to install A Merlin's firmware.

I tried the method 30/30/30 no result
I noticed on various forums my surprise to see a button reset on / off (so without needle) that responded to the request while the manual and services hotline of Asus indicated that it was necessary to use a needle to reboot factory defect .

Once again the designers played a monkey trick to the engineers who took revenge lol

Thank you for your help.

Sounds like you need to put the router into recovery mode and access the CFE via Rescue Utility disc. I'm not 100% sure though.

Sounds like you need to put the router into recovery mode and access the CFE via Rescue Utility disc. I'm not 100% sure though.
That's the way to do it. Using the latest Asus firmware to recover and then install Asuswrt-Merlin.

First of all thank you for your answers.
My concern is that I recovered from what to make a recovery - I downloaded it - following the protocol I can not get back to the previous situation:
I put myself in default factory.
I run the firmware update which is accepted, it runs for 10 minutes and I end up with dd-wrt default factory ....
I do not understand

Here are the instructions they work the same for all models:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000814/

I tried that page the other day to get the Asus firmware recovery tool for my RT-AC68U but the utilities program it offered only consisted of a device discovery program - no rescue tool. (I had it on the cd that came with the router, but it wouldn't install. I saw later that Cryptoprevent was blocking it.). So I powered the router down, pressed and held the small reset button, powered up and only released the reset button when the power led started to flash. That gave me the Asus-Tek CFE gui (which I assumed was the same thing as the firmware recovery/rescue tool) and I was then able to revert my firmware.

First of all thank you for your answers.
My concern is that I recovered from what to make a recovery - I downloaded it - following the protocol I can not get back to the previous situation:
I put myself in default factory.
I run the firmware update which is accepted, it runs for 10 minutes and I end up with dd-wrt default factory ....
I do not understand
dd-wrt used to use a different partition table. Try loading 378.55 first from the recovery tool (image fits in a 32M partition), then moving to your desired level via the gui.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!