spdMerlin spdMerlin not running as scheduled or updating when manually running speedtests.

  • ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Samosa

Regular Contributor
I've upgraded spdMerlin around mid-may to 4.2.1 and since then I've had no automated speediest, I've accepted licence and run a speedtest via CLI. I've reinstalled and forced upgrade but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Any user initiated speedtest although runs fine, it does not get recorded in last 10 results and I've noticed that graphs no longer shows any data.

There doesn't seem to be errors relating to spdMerlin. The installation log as below:

Jun 9 02:22:10 spdMerlin: Removing spdMerlin...
Jun 9 02:22:14 spdMerlin: Uninstall completed
Jun 9 02:23:31 spdMerlin: Welcome to spdMerlin v4.2.1, a script by JackYaz
Jun 9 02:23:32 spdMerlin: Checking your router meets the requirements for spdMerlin
Jun 9 02:23:32 spdMerlin: Installing required packages from Entware
Jun 9 02:24:22 spdMerlin: New version of spdstats_www.asp downloaded
Jun 9 02:24:22 spdMerlin: Mounting WebUI tab for spdMerlin
Jun 9 02:24:22 spdMerlin: Mounted spdMerlin WebUI page as user2.asp
Jun 9 02:24:50 spdMerlin: Licenses accepted and saved to persistent storage
Jun 9 02:25:14 spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using auto-selected server for WAN interface
Jun 9 02:25:32 spdMerlin: Speedtest results - Download: 219.86 Mbps (data used: 234.0 MB) - Upload: 20.65 Mbps (data used: 9.9 MB)
Jun 9 02:25:32 spdMerlin: Connection quality - Latency: 12.02 ms (1.69 ms jitter) - Packet Loss: Not available.

and another for when i carry out manual speedtests:
Jun 11 10:58:26 rc_service: httpd 465:notify_rc start_spdmerlinspdtest_auto_All_
Jun 11 10:58:26 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start spdmerlinspdtest_auto_All_)
Jun 11 10:58:29 spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using auto-selected server for WAN interface
Jun 11 10:58:52 spdMerlin: Speedtest results - Download: 217.14 Mbps (data used: 396.5 MB) - Upload: 20.59 Mbps (data used: 10.1 MB)
Jun 11 10:58:52 spdMerlin: Connection quality - Latency: 11.20 ms (1.39 ms jitter) - Packet Loss: 0.0%

Does anyone know what the issue could be please ? I'd be grateful for any help.


TIA.
 

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
I've upgraded spdMerlin around mid-may to 4.2.1 and since then I've had no automated speediest, I've accepted licence and run a speedtest via CLI. I've reinstalled and forced upgrade but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Any user initiated speedtest although runs fine, it does not get recorded in last 10 results and I've noticed that graphs no longer shows any data.

There doesn't seem to be errors relating to spdMerlin. The installation log as below:



and another for when i carry out manual speedtests:


Does anyone know what the issue could be please ? I'd be grateful for any help.


TIA.
can you share the config file from /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d (or /opt/share/spdmerlin.d if you chose USB storage)?
 

Samosa

Regular Contributor
Hi @Jackyaz,

Not sure if it's expected but the config looks corrupt.

ony.netX_,#7192.168.1.6`xߖapplicast.ga.sony.netX_0#?192.168.1.6`xߕbravia.dl.playstation.netX_ b b¡cP!1N
^ ù ጽoK% 䋽wX9
ø

¥

g
E
#
剻 ¢ 4=ö䉦dsIˇ±£Ȇ
-Rᅸf8
±ퟑ�
܄[email protected]%¢ø˂rB⁉¦dE ùُy¹]?!þۉ2þሄ¥ %A` 묣onfiguratio %A` 묣onfiguration.ls.apple.comnº%A` 묣onfiguration.ls.apple.comnº3` 멡pp-measurement.comnº3` 먡pp-measurement.comnº;` 맦ireoscaptiveportal.comnº;` 뤦iretvcaptiveportal.comnº'` 뷷w.apple.comnº/U` 렦irebaseinstallations.googleapis.comnº/U` 렦irebaseinstallations.googleapis.comnº/U` 럦irebaseinstallations.googleapis.comnº/U` 럦irebaseinstallations.googleapis.comnAUTOBW_AVERAGE_CALC=10

I've also tried to change setting both from command line and webui but it doesnt appear to save the change.
 

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
Hi @Jackyaz,

Not sure if it's expected but the config looks corrupt.



I've also tried to change setting both from command line and webui but it doesnt appear to save the change.
that is very corrupted! probably best to delete it and launch spdmerlin over SSH to re-create it with default settings
 

Samosa

Regular Contributor
Thanks @Jack Yaz , that looks like it did the trick.

I'm now able to save config and the data has finally updated.
 

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top