What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin slower after upgrading Merlin ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chris888

New Around Here
Hi,

I didn't want to start another thread, but unfortunately I can't post on the existing thread as there are over 500 replies.

First, thanks for spdMerlin, its awesome!

I have a 1 Gbps line and an AC86U. spdMerlin used to get results in the 800 - 900 Mbps range and also show the link to the results URL.

Last night I upgraded my Merlin installation from 384.xx to the current 386.3_2.

I have noticed since then, the average speed test is now around 630 Mbps, using the same preferred server. Also the results URL no longer appears, which I see someone already mentioned in the main thread.

Moving from Merlin 384 to 386, I now have the built in Speed Test under the Adaptive QoS tab available. This built in test is also only managing +/- 600 Mbps.

Is spdMerlin now using the built in test? Is it possible that it is not as optimized as your own version? Just tying to figure out why I have lost +/- 200 Mbps.

Thanks!

Hi,
I posted a similar experience a while ago...
If you are using skynet, can you please disable it and see what happens.
For myself this did thentrick and the speed test showed the right value.

Don’t have skynet. Only package I have installed is spdMerlin.

Perhaps I should try a factory reset? I didn’t do that after upgrading Merlin.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!