What's new

Spectrum T-3/4 errors

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I ended up doing a complete redo on my TV cable a few years back, the old coax from 1978 wasn't up to snuff with switched digital video post analog shutdown - RG59 to several drops for TV, and a splitter at the demarc and a dedicated drop for DOCSIS - so things there are good now - the time/energy/cost was worth it...

I frequently remind myself that 99.9% of all networking issues are cabling. Not true, of course, but it keeps me from overlooking the fundamentals like interconnects when troubleshooting.

I visited my daughter recently and the first thing I did before updating her AX86U was to check her new COX cable Internet install outside. It was all there, shiny and new, except the tech failed to tighten the grounding lug at the Earth Ground connection... the ground wire coming from the coax grounding block was hanging loose in the lug. I finished the job and made sure drip loops were in place and connections were shielded from rain... probably saved us from some future troubleshooting grief.

OE

Thanks everyone for the responses. After the technician visit I was left with the same diagnosis. They said the line was fine, both from the curb to my house and my house to the modem. He did cut the ends off the coax line and made sure there was a new clean end connector on it (sorry not super smart on the nomenclature of the items). I asked what else it could be if it's not the lines or my modem and he didn't have an answer. I asked if they could connect a new line from the side of the house to one of their modems to confirm it's not the line or my modem and he said that wouldn't prove anything. I asked if it could be the local node, he said maybe but if he asked the maintenance workers he probably wouldn't get an answer. At this point I feel like I gave Spectrum the good ol' college try as this has been the 3rd technician visit and the connection has been intermittent for almost 2 years now since we moved into this house. So I'm going to give the T-mobile 5G home network a try. It just arrived yesterday so I am going to set it up now and if it is a viable option I'll cancel Spectrum. Worst case, after 31 days you can return to Spectrum as a new customer at the lower rate! Thanks for all the help!