What's new

Spectrum Technicolor TC4400 access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ric

New Around Here
I recently upgraded my internet service to Spectrum’s Gig (940Mbps) service. The installer placed two pieces of equipment a Technicolor TC4400 and a Spectrum branded WiFi router. Unfortunately, it seems Spectrum has the modem on lockdown as I cannot access it with its default name and password even after a factory reset. According to Spectrum the modem is in bridge mode and cannot be accessed (192.168.100.1) Does this sound right? Shouldn’t I be able to see the channel/bonding/signal levels page?

With Spectrum's gig service will they not let you run your own router?

Are your ping times a lot lower since you upgraded ?

I am on Spectrum and my modem is in bridge and I can access it on 192.168.100.1

Last edited:
With Spectrum's gig service will they not let you run your own router?

Are your ping times a lot lower since you upgraded ?

I am on Spectrum and my modem is in bridge and I can access it on 192.168.100.1

So at this point a Spectrum has not approved any modems and worse I was told I could not purchase my own TC4400.

My ping times are in the same ballpark but far more consistent (16-25).

I operated my own modem before and I could access it via 192.168.100.1. This one however, I cannot get past the login screen and Spectrum says that is a result of it being on bridge mode which I find hard to believe.

Spectrum may have modified the passwords to be different from what's on the label. I don't think they intend for you to be able to access the configuration of their modem. There shouldn't be anything that you need to do in the modem's settings anyways.

WikiDevi has some suggested account info. It's not clear if the passwords are unique to each device.

Spectrum may have modified the passwords to be different from what's on the label. I don't think they intend for you to be able to access the configuration of their modem. There shouldn't be anything that you need to do in the modem's settings anyways.

WikiDevi has some suggested account info. It's not clear if the passwords are unique to each device.

Sadly, it indeed appears that they want to keep folks out. However, I find it troubling that their own support knows little of the service and equipment setups. Then again, this is Spectrum.

Try going to 192.168.100.1

and use these credintials to login

UserName - admin
Password - bEn2o#US9s

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!