What's new

Speed falls on the asus RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

movetype

New Around Here
Hello everybody. I have such a problem.
After some time, the speed drops on the router ASUS RT-N66U firmware 380.68 by merlin. After the reboot router speed stabilizes, but after 12 hours (or earlier), the speed drops. I have an Internet channel of 100 mbps. The connection goes through the l2tp server of my internet provider (server vpn is specified). See the screenshot.
LJ1l2-hN3MJRa9
https://yadi.sk/i/LJ1l2-hN3MJRa9

The speed is usually about 90-95 mbps. But then drops to 10-20 mbps. (speedtest)

The fact is that the speed began to fall a long ago time and only now I began to figure out why. I do not remember from what update it started happening.
The same problem is observed on official last firmwares from asus and on previous firmwares from merlin.

Now I've put the old official firmware from the asus version 3.0.0.4.380_3831. Everything is good on it, the speed does not fall. The problem are not observed.
But I do not want to use the old one firmware, I want to use the firmware from merlin so I decided to go contact to the developer (he kind of visits this forum). The problem exactly is in the firmware. Please help me.

P.S: Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia.

Merlin is directly related to the development of firmware for asus. Is not it so?
We all wish it were so.
Report it to Asus.