What's new

speed issue new ax88u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Larsnorway

New Around Here
hi i just bought the ax88u and replaced my ac88u.
but i have a problem with the 5ghz wifi band. on my old ac88u i had around 300Mbit speed on my 5ghz band.
now i just get around 80-100Mbit tranfer speed.
i have reset the ax88 but still the same. i have turn off the ax band, so its like my ac88u. but no luck.

any ideas? i have gone throug the settings in wifi and its all the same on my old and new router.

hi i just bought the ax88u and replaced my ac88u.
but i have a problem with the 5ghz wifi band. on my old ac88u i had around 300Mbit speed on my 5ghz band.
now i just get around 80-100Mbit tranfer speed.
i have reset the ax88 but still the same. i have turn off the ax band, so its like my ac88u. but no luck.

any ideas? i have gone throug the settings in wifi and its all the same on my old and new router.

Welcome. :)

How can you turn off the AX band? There is no such thing. :)

What client devices are you using to test with?

What settings did you enter into the 'AX88U from the 'AC88U? Did you restore settings from a saved config file?

Are you using Auto Control Channels? What Channel Bandwidth are you running?

Have you disabled Universal beamforming? Also disabled Airtime Fairness? Also disabled Smart Connect?

Are you using a single SSID for your WiFi bands?

Can you test (using a Guest WiFi network) using a new SSID (with only alphanumeric characters with no punctuation, special characters or smiley faces)?

sorry if i was incorrect, but the band is not off. ax88 is set up by default, nothing is changes from factory settings, only the 802.11ax HE frame support, this is off. i got this que when setting up the router. and its set up as accesspoint only. not a router.
so default settings all the way, ax fram support off. i have tried this on also. no change.
its only the 5ghz band, bad range and bad speed. 2,4 is great.

i test the connection with a new lenovo pc and my phone. and i have checked the wifi card latest driver. so its not my clients. they all is working full speed on my old router.ac88u

smart connect is off, guest network 5ghz testet open system, same speed. 80Mbit.

i have tried to put back my ac88u, then i get over 300Mbit on the 5ghz band. so something is not right with the ax88u

Last edited:
You can check that all the four antennas are thightened strong. Also and as posted above, the airtime fairness and universal beanforming set to OFF in professional wifi settings for 5Ghz (I do not remember what are the defaults for these in the ax88), and for sure that the 'mode' is set to support ac and not only 'n' or 'g' protocols. Then look at the signal strength as received from your PC to know in which side is the problem, and optionally for last you can see the channel width of your connection in the wifi log page. It should be 40 or 80mhz.

You can check that all the four antennas are thightened strong. Also and as posted above, the airtime fairness and universal beanforming set to OFF in professional wifi settings for 5Ghz (I do not remember what are the defaults for these in the ax88), and for sure that the 'mode' is set to support ac and not only 'n' or 'g' protocols. Then look at the signal strength as received from your PC to know in which side is the problem, and optionally for last you can see the channel width of your connection in the wifi log page. It should be 40 or 80mhz.
his problem is 5G, NOT 2.4G, so there is no g/n support for it to enable or disable on 5G!
set a fix channel with 80MHz (or 20/40/80) and test all bands, 36, 52, 100, 116, 132, (149)

thx for all help. found the issue, as grisu said in last post. i have testet fix channel on 80Mhz, or 20/40/80 and testet all bands ,
when i hit the 100 band i got the speed i need, 320Mps thats my internetline. but i did not get this speed on lower bands.
now im glad. perfect.
what is the problem with lower bands? interference with something?

Last edited:
thx for all help. found the issue, as grisu said in last post. i have testet fix channel on 80Mhz, or 20/40/80 and testet all bands ,
when i hit the 100 band i got the speed i need, 320Mps thats my internetline. but i did not get this speed on lower bands.
now im glad. perfect.
what is the problem with lower bands? interference with something?

It could be interference, it could be the new drivers in the new router vs. your clients, it could be many other interactions.

That is why setting a manual Control Channel is always preferred over Auto. Auto is a 'just make it work' setting. Manual is a 'make it work optimally' setting when selected correctly. :)

thx, im trying to put the ac88u as my aimesh node. i have resett the au88 and did all the right things. i find it in my ax88 and add it to my aimesh. but it failes every time when it get to 100%. latest firmware, i put in nearby to the ax88.
any ideas?

use a LAN cable (LAN on AX and WAN on AC) instead for meshing.

Are both for region EU (not China import)?
Otherwise you get the problem that they will search each other on different channels.

use a LAN cable (LAN on AX and WAN on AC) instead for meshing.

Are both for region EU (not China import)?
Otherwise you get the problem that they will search each other on different channels.

i gave up the wireless aimesh network. i have now taken your adwise. i used a lan cabel between them. and moved the au88 to the spot i needed. so now i have full coverage everywhere. the ax88 and the au88 works great.
thx again Grisu.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!