What's new

Speed issues with provder....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

houghton19

Regular Contributor
Hi guys, just had VM installed today (long last but thats another story)

I had a speed test of 218meg. Nice.

I have a Asus 5300 router falshed with newest Merlin software. Now i have my router connected via the Wan and speed sests now dropped between 90-99meg so half of what it was. My hub has been turned to modem mode.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

Thanks.

Tim.

again this is gigabit. wifi speed dropped too. inknow this isnt accurate but before it was 118 and now limiting ton94. worder if its virgins end as i jad ti rurn modem off and back in to connect to routers mac address.

That's a good point. Because you changed to modem mode you will have registered a different MAC address with VM.

Just to be sure, try turning off the superhub for at least 10 minutes and then turn it back on. Then go to 192.168.100.1 and click on "Router Status". Go to Operation Configuration and check Primary Downstream Service Flow > Max Traffic Rate

Some reason the new password won't let me in. Think I have Sussed the problem. My on board (asus formula viii mother board so not cheap) LAN is stuck on 100mbps. Every time I try to turn on Gigabit it won't see router. Tried updating driver.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!