What's new

Skynet ssh firewall

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

randomName

Very Senior Member
So simply entering firewall in ssh won't open up skynet anymore? I know it can be accessed also via amtm but sometimes I use to simply type firewall and that would open it up. Did that change?

Thanks

No, that hasn't changed:

Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC86U 386.2_2 Tue Apr 13 21:13:00 UTC 2021
marco@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# firewall
################################################################################
#                                                                              #
#                  ███████╗██╗  ██╗██╗   ██╗███╗   ██╗███████╗████████╗    ██╗ #
#                  ██╔════╝██║ ██╔╝╚██╗ ██╔╝████╗  ██║██╔════╝╚══██╔══╝    ██║ #
#                  ███████╗█████╔╝  ╚████╔╝ ██╔██╗ ██║█████╗     ██║       ██║ #
#                  ╚════██║██╔═██╗   ╚██╔╝  ██║╚██╗██║██╔══╝     ██║       ╚██╗#
#                  ███████║██║  ██╗   ██║   ██║ ╚████║███████╗   ██║        ╚██#
#                  ╚══════╝╚═╝  ╚═╝   ╚═╝   ╚═╝  ╚═══╝╚══════╝   ╚═╝         ╚═#
#                                                                              #
#                                 Router Firewall And Security Enhancements    #
#                             By Adamm -  https://github.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS#
#                                            19/03/2021 - v7.2.4               #
################################################################################

================================================================================

Router Model; RT-AC86U
Skynet Version; v7.2.4 (19/03/2021) (0380669c11572e222d1fd2f7531d7bfa)
iptables v1.4.15 - (eth0 @ 192.168.1.1)
ipset v7.6, protocol version: 7
IP Address; (000.000.000.000)
FW Version; 386.2_2 (Apr 13 2021) (4.1.27)

Do you still have Entware installed? I'm not sure whether that's a requirement for Skynet, but it is requirement for several commands to be ran regardless in which directory you are, if I'm not mistaken.

As an alternative you can run

Code:
/jffs/scripts/firewall

or

Code:
sh /jffs/script/firewall

No, I stopped using entware after the 386.2 firmware update as I only used it for Cake.

Ok, it's working now. After I reinstalled Skynet I typed firewall, several times, and it said it was not found. This has been the second time that's happened. Weird.

No, it's because you removed Entware. Without Entware you have to use the whole path (or you can make a symbolic link in your admin home directory, but that will probably not survive a reboot. There are probably other ways to create some kind of symlink but my Linux-skills are a bit rusty, so maybe someone else has a better suggestion.

Found it!

In /jffs/configs/profile.add, you must add an alias. Add the following line:

Code:
alias firewall="sh /jffs/scripts/firewall" # Skynet

It might take a new remote login or maybe even a reboot to become functional.

It works without using the whole string.. I think i was like that before but lately just typing firewall will open up skynet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!