What's new

Voxel SSH not accepting WebGUI password

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zeven

New Around Here
After upgrading my Orbi router (RBR50) and satellite to the most recent Voxel firmware (V9.2.5.2.17SF-HW), everything seemed to work fine.

However, when I use PuTTY to connect to the router using 'root' and my webGUI password, it throws a wrong password message. I get the same message when using 'admin' instead of 'root' or when using telnet instead of SSH. When I try to change the password from the web interface, it also tells me the old password is wrong. Using the default password ('password') does not solve this.

The "wrong" password does get me into the web interface, so I am not sure what is happening here. I tried everything multiple times to make sure it is not a typo or a problem with my password manager.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I don't know about the Orbis, but this is from the Kamoj R7800/R9000 FAQ.txt:
"A solution is to CHANGE password (NOT just enter your old credentials), or it will stay bad until you do.
Use a password without non-alphanumeric characters. Especially "$" should be avoided.
You should try to not use any of these characters in the password:
"Non-English-characters,$,!, <, >, @, %, *,?, .,+,-,/,|,\,&,=,',",`,´"
If it starts working then add "strange" characters one by one till you find out the "bad" one."

Thanks for the reply! As far as I could determine, the problem was not caused by non-alphanumeric characters.

I am still not sure what went wrong, but connecting using SSH and Telnet worked when the password field was left blank. I changed the password in the web interface afterwards, leaving the original password also blank. While it still displayed an error, it apparently did change the password for root into the new password, as I can no longer login without this password. So it's kinda solved now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!