What's new

Static DHCP allocation page fails to fully load after upgrade to 380.68

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ADFHogan

Regular Contributor
Have several static DHCP allocations to machines on my network.

Upgraded to 380.68 today, then as I was going through the different UI pages, figured I'd update the hostnames of a couple of entries.

Clicked to edit, adjusted hostnames, clicked + ... did this on 2-3 entries, assigning unique names. After clicking Apply, the static DHCP allocation page now fails to completely load. Rebooted, still fails to fully load.

Any ideas?
I can still access static allocations individually for devices that are online via network map.
I flushed browser cache immediately upgrading to 380.68.
Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp page sourcecode shows array for dhcp_staticlist_array populated.

I've tried both Chromium and Firefox, in Firefox the console shows this:
DnJcp3o.png

Upgraded to 380.68 today, then as I was going through the different UI pages, figured I'd update the hostnames of a couple of entries.
Did you follow the instructions in the release notes?
IMPORTANT:: Due to the large amount of CSS changes to the webui, you will need to either flush your browser cache, or do a forced reload (shift-reload) the first time you access the webui after the firmware update.

Have several static DHCP allocations to machines on my network.

Clicked to edit, adjusted hostnames, clicked + ... did this on 2-3 entries, assigning unique names. After clicking Apply, the static DHCP allocation page now fails to completely load. Rebooted, still fails to fully load.

Any ideas?
I can still access static allocations individually for devices that are online via network map.
I flushed browser cache immediately upgrading to 380.68.
Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp page sourcecode shows array for dhcp_staticlist_array populated.

I've tried both Chromium and Firefox, in Firefox the console shows this:
DnJcp3o.png
What's on that line 62?

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Line 62 appears to be the array definition..

Ahhh.. it seems that previously ok apostrophes/single quotes in machine descriptions as opposed to host names are now a problem, as the dhcp_staticlist_array is delimited by them. Not sure why I could see the page initially and not now, so perhaps they were originally escaped, but somehow unescaped when I edited some hosts.

Stripping out some of the details, but leaving the key character formatting...
Code:
var dhcp_staticlist_array = '&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62XXXX&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62m3-XXXXXX&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62WiFiSecurityCamera&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62AppleBanana&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62Alice'sXXXX&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62LoungeHTPC&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62Alice'sPhone&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62Laserprinter&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62Newdevice&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62Alice'sDesktop&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62Bob'sDesktop&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62tiny2&#60AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF&#62192.168.X.Y&#62Aliceswitch';

I removed apostrophes from static DHCP allocations using
Code:
nvram set 'dhcp_staticlist=....'
replacing the apostrophes in the original value with underscores. The page now loads..

... some confusion/bleed between host and client names. Is there a tool for editing/cleaning the complete netmap client list, and not just those devices currently shown online?

Last edited: