What's new

still having issues with openvpn client setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Revelstone77

Regular Contributor
I'm using Merlin's 380.66_6 and want to route specific clients out over the tunnel and the rest over the Wan. In this scenario, do i have to essentially create an entry for every device on the network and specify Vpn or Wan? I have created entries for the devices i want to go out the tunnel and those work fine. The problem i have is other devices that i dont want to go out the tunnel end up going out the tunnel, as proven by their external addresses. I'm using exclusive DNS and strict policy rules. All other settings either came from the .ovpn file or are default.

thanks

I'm using Merlin's 380.66_6 and want to route specific clients out over the tunnel and the rest over the Wan. In this scenario, do i have to essentially create an entry for every device on the network and specify Vpn or Wan? I have created entries for the devices i want to go out the tunnel and those work fine. The problem i have is other devices that i dont want to go out the tunnel end up going out the tunnel, as proven by their external addresses. I'm using exclusive DNS and strict policy rules. All other settings either came from the .ovpn file or are default.

thanks

By default, all traffic will go through the WAN, except what you define there as being routed through the VPN.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!