What's new

Still trying to fix my R7800 reboot issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is really a hard to get problem...

2 ideas:

1) maybe part of the problem is coming from the modem... Any chance you can change any setting on this side?

2) maybe using tcpdump as early as possible to sniff what is being sent to the modem?

1) it might be related to the modem, but, if I load .62 the problem goes away - so I know it's a firmware change. I have no control over the cable modem anyway.
2) in previous threads linked in the original post another user with the same issue did capture data flow and it's as I have described.

Thanks to all for the help/suggestions, *very* appreciated as I know this problem is strange/rare.

Reboots are random? Did you try changing all cables going to it or unplug all lan devices from it...
And see if it happens..maybe the firmware brings out some electrical problem thats already borderline.

Reboots are random? Did you try changing all cables going to it or unplug all lan devices from it...
And see if it happens..maybe the firmware brings out some electrical problem thats already borderline.
The issue being discussed in this thread is *NOT* related to random reboots.
This thread is trying to solve a cable-modem<==>R7800 firmware version problem which occurs when the R7800 is rebooted on purpose.
The issue has been completely isolated to the firmware version which is loaded onto the R7800.

@RMinNJ To be clear - I appreciate all input and suggestions. Re-reading this now it reads worse than I wanted.
I was only stating my problem domain so It's clear what's going on in this thread.

Last edited: