What's new

Strange gui in latest fw

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VANT

Very Senior Member
What you think about this ? Sometimes i see new functions in gui, after refresh page, gui back to normal.

this is wifi proffesional tab for 5GHz
5ghz_1.png

5ghz_2.png

Hardware WiFi Offloading ?

which model of router, thats intresting.

RT-AC87u

What firmware are you using, asus or Merlin firmware I don't see to see settings in my 87u. You have alot more settings in your 87u than mine does which is weird.

Last edited:
i use lates asus fw.
After i refresh browser, then settings back to normal and additional settings is gone.

I'm not sure why those settings don't appear by default and stay there, hmm try asking rmerlin maybe he has an idea

i use lates asus fw.
After i refresh browser, then settings back to normal and additional settings is gone.

Seems like cache to me
Can you try to refresh with shift F5 or use google in incognito ( private browsing)
As settings does not reset
At least if you see it then it should be saved and the GUI has nothing to do with it ( except if default value get saved instead )

I am seeing screenshot on mobile so I couldn't take a good look yet

Greets from PowerChaos
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

those settings should be there by default I don't understand why they are not.

dit asus also change there template code lately , as i do not have that bug on my AC88U (at least not in repeater mode )?
i personal use merlin , after some template code optimization it broke that mode for me ( template wise , not function wise )
dit you changed your firmware with out resetting to factory settings ?
also what mode you are running in ? is it router mode or another mode
as i can't see it based on the screenshot ( header is missing)
could you provide a screenshot of the header also , including sidebar ( here are mine to show the difference between 2 firmwares )

originalasusupgrade.png originalasus.png

Greets From PowerChaos

I wonder if the UI can be modified to display the options permanently for 5ghz

dit asus also change there template code lately , as i do not have that bug on my AC88U (at least not in repeater mode )?
i personal use merlin , after some template code optimization it broke that mode for me ( template wise , not function wise )
dit you changed your firmware with out resetting to factory settings ?
also what mode you are running in ? is it router mode or another mode
as i can't see it based on the screenshot ( header is missing)
could you provide a screenshot of the header also , including sidebar ( here are mine to show the difference between 2 firmwares )

View attachment 10201 View attachment 10202

Greets From PowerChaos
Try applying mode or router mode