What's new

Strange issue with aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

doc octopus

Main router: GT-AC5300
Aimesh node: RT-AC86U

--------------------------------------------
Interference Level: Acceptable
Mode : AP Only

DFS status: state In-Service Monitoring(ISM) time elapsed 494400ms radar channel cleared by DFS channel 108/80 (0xE26A)

Channel Information
----------------------------------------
Channel 100 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 104 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 108 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 112 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 116 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 132 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 136 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 140 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive

Stations List
idx MAC Associated Authorized RSSI PSM SGI STBC MUBF Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Yes Yes -48dBm No Yes Yes Yes 6.5M 1300M 00:00:11 (node)
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Yes Yes -77dBm No Yes No No 585M 130M 00:12:04 (client)

Why is the transmission value so low with the aimesh node? Do I have to change any parameters?

thanks

It is weird, I agree. Maybe it's just a cosmetic bug.
Can you test when you have a client doing traffic attached to node? Is speed an issue?
I would suspect speed is not a problem and Tx rate will increase at that moment.

It isn't uncommon for a "client" do move to a low rate when there's no traffic. But that's mainly true for a battery powered device. A node should not.

unfortunately it is not a cosmetic problem, the speed is really low and at the end the node goes offline.

make a setup as AP for testing, is it that low without Aimesh when you can set node (AP) WiFi independently?

Hmm
RX vs TX 6.5M 1300M
Something is really weird!
How about taking the node offline and having a laptop on that spot? What's the speed laptop measures and what's the speed router measures?
Or try @Grisu's idea.

I used the node as the main router and continue to have problems on the 5 GHz band. I also tried the Merlin firmware but I did not solve the problem.
Request replacement.

Main router: GT-AC5300
Aimesh node: RT-AC86U

--------------------------------------------
Interference Level: Acceptable
Mode : AP Only

DFS status: state In-Service Monitoring(ISM) time elapsed 494400ms radar channel cleared by DFS channel 108/80 (0xE26A)

Channel Information
Channel 100 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 104 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 108 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 112 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 116 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 132 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 136 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 140 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive

Stations List
idx MAC Associated Authorized RSSI PSM SGI STBC MUBF Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Yes Yes -48dBm No Yes Yes Yes 6.5M 1300M 00:00:11 (node)
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Yes Yes -77dBm No Yes No No 585M 130M 00:12:04 (client)

Why is the transmission value so low with the aimesh node? Do I have to change any parameters?

thanks

Could you send feedback with system log, wifi log by feedback function ?

upload_2018-7-18_9-46-36.png

I tried to send the log through the feedback page but it was not successful
can I send the log via PM?

This message appear when the sending of feedbaks fails:

Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback.

Failed to send your feedback. Please check your Internet connection and try again.
The system failed to connect to the mail server(possibly caused by your ISP blocked SMTP port 25). You can send an email directly to : ( router_feedback@asus.com ) Simply copy the contents below and paste it as your e-mail contents.

This message appear when the sending of feedbaks fails:

Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback.

Failed to send your feedback. Please check your Internet connection and try again.
The system failed to connect to the mail server(possibly caused by your ISP blocked SMTP port 25). You can send an email directly to : ( router_feedback@asus.com ) Simply copy the contents below and paste it as your e-mail contents.

A lot of ISPs actively block port 25 (in Canada, that's the vast majority of them, unless you are on a business service), so that Feedback page probably doesn't work for a lot of people...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!