What's new

Strange log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sinner

Cleared my log few days ago and just happen to log in now to see only these 2 entries ive never seen before and are a bit unclear. google wasn't much help either.. any ideas what they mean?

Aug 17 21:14:58 Aaews: killall aaews
Aug 19 09:15:47 Aaews: killall aaews

Cleared my log few days ago and just happen to log in now to see only these 2 entries ive never seen before and are a bit unclear. google wasn't much help either.. any ideas what they mean?

Aug 17 21:14:58 Aaews: killall aaews
Aug 19 09:15:47 Aaews: killall aaews
What are your log settings?

Or maybe its info. Ill have to check when i get home

I have ot set on notice/notice i beloeve
Default is:
Code:
Default message log level=notice
Log only messages more urgent than=debug
Try that and see if the extra log entries disappear. Looking at a more verbose version of the log can be scary at times.:eek::oops::rolleyes:

ok im home.. my logs set to info/info. I set it that way because everything has been fine and I don't need details but now I might have come in handy. Wonder why it or something was trying to disable the nat tunnel?

those are the only 2 logs in there and I haven't been logged into the router in days making any changes

Have you set that option in Tools > Other Settings?
correction.. thought it was disabled but re-reading it I have it enabled "disable nat tunnel=no" lol disabling now.. but its still weird ive never seen that msg in logs before.

I did find some other possibly related info online. Im curious if u think its maybe the issue.
There doesn't seem to be any similarity at all with the VPNFilter malware.

If you upload your entire syslog to somewhere like pastebin we might be able see something, but I suspect it's just a bug (or feature) of the firmware. Unless it's causing you a problem I'd ignore it.

This is part of Asus's Nat Tunnel service. Only Asus knows exactly what it does and how it works.

yeh everything seems to be working fine its just that particular log entry has never been present before and I haven't been changing any settings. Seemed like something worth looking into, otherwise all is well and im happy to be not messing with the router anymore haha

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!