What's new

Strange message I get ONLY when connect to 5 GHz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aspen63

Regular Contributor
Hi!
I use different SSIDs on my RT-AC66U and most of the time I use 2.4 due to range issues. However if I connect to 5 with my iPad I quite often (once a day at least) notice that internet traffic stops completely and when I try to connect to the router I get the message

"Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC66U.
To access the settings of RT-AC66U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number."

That forces me to toggle off and on wi-fi switch on iPad in order to restore connection. I would guess that it has something to do with expired lease time and range issues but I experience this even when my iPad is in immediate vicinity of the router and I NEVER EVER experienced such a problem when connected to 2.4. I encountered this on different firmwares including the latest build. Am I alone having such a problem?

I see the same message but for a different reason, nothing to do with using 5Mhz. For me I was trying to set SSH access via WAN but I wanted it to only accept ssh connection from a single IP address. All I saw on the Admin page was to restrict WAN http connection to a set of addresses. But was not sure it would also restrict ssh, but tried it anyhow. So when I entered the IP address I wanted to allow for ssh in the list at the bottom of the page (without allowing HTTP connections from WAN) it seems to cause the message and now I can't access the router web page even from LAN.

I can still access the router from WAN and LAN via ssh but have been unable to find where in the file system the IP address I entered was put (or even if it was put somewhere).

gds

Have you tried 'forgetting' that ssid network connection and re-associating it?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!