What's new

Strange Smart phone and Ac86U issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wizzard

Regular Contributor
This only started a few days ago. My android phone downloads some play store apps and some are not - they get stuck at some percentage download of keeps on saying "Downloading" and is stuck. This happens on Pixel 2XL and a brand new Pixel 4a 5G phones. I can stream, download large files on the PC without any problems. I have 100mbs speed.

I can download these apps if I use Data mode. Also, took my phones to a friend's place and all apps download easily over WiFi.

This makes me suspect an issue with the Router (memory / cache) - hence my earlier post on firmware.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Not your router, this is a long time issue with Google PlayStore and Android phones and has been a lot worse since Android 10 arrived.

I see this with monotonous regularity, you can check the issue by switching to mobile data .

Go into Settings > Apps > PlayStore > Storage and clear the cache and data. Your phone will take a while to rebuild the PlayStore data.

Not your router, this is a long time issue with Google PlayStore and Android phones and has been a lot worse since Android 10 arrived.

I see this with monotonous regularity, you can check the issue by switching to mobile data .

Go into Settings > Apps > PlayStore > Storage and clear the cache and data. Your phone will take a while to rebuild the PlayStore data.
Thanks. Tried all these with Google support including Factory reset of both phones (painful!!). Strange that the issue goes away when I tried my friend's WiFi at his place and over Data (instead of my home WiFi, this goes away as well). Until a few days ago, I dod not have this issue.

Thanks. Tried all these with Google support including Factory reset of both phones (painful!!). Strange that the issue goes away when I tried my friend's WiFi at his place and over Data (instead of my home WiFi, this goes away as well). Until a few days ago, I dod not have this issue.

If you think it is a router problem , try a reboot that will clear cache and memory. Other than that what antivirus do you use on your phones?

You're not with Virgin Media broadband are you, as there are quite a few reports of Google Play app download issues on their official community forum, so the suspicion is it's an issue with the VM CDN.

You're not with Virgin Media broadband are you, as there are quite a few reports of Google Play app download issues on their official community forum, so the suspicion is it's an issue with the VM CDN.

You may be right. I am with VM. My friend is with Sky, hence it probably worked on his Wi-Fi.

You may be right. I am with VM. My friend is with Sky, hence it probably worked on his Wi-Fi.

Just found this solution on VM community forum. Seems to work for me, so far.

" find the WAN config page and use the clone mac address feature. that will copy the mac address from the device you're accessing the asus management pages from to the wan interface of the asus.. once done and saved, reboot the VM hub and you should get a new IP address.."

Conversely, I'm with VM broadband and haven't had any issues my Android devices.

They seem to be having various issues in lockdown, such as the Android downloads and lots of complaints about latency and congestion. As an avid gamer and Android user, with home schooling and home working, thankfully our 200/20 service has worked fine the entire time.

They seem to be having various issues in lockdown, such as the Android downloads and lots of complaints about latency and congestion. As an avid gamer and Android user, with home schooling and home working, thankfully our 200/20 service has worked fine the entire time.

VM broadband is great! This, play store issue, is a strange one for me. Changing the ip seems to have cured it - I hope!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!