What's new

Streamboost?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JWadle

Occasional Visitor
Does the Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) include Qualcomm Streamboost? Do any of the other, current Netgear routers include it?

Thanks

Does the Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) include Qualcomm Streamboost? Do any of the other, current Netgear routers include it?

Thanks
The R7800 includes Streamboost, so does the R7500v2 avoid the R7500v1 as its now end of life. There are a few glitches with Streamboosts GUI but it works well on my connection. I believe these are the only Qualcomm routers Netgear have, from personal experience the R7800 works very well.

What's the best way to test if it's working? I have it on but don't really notice a difference on my connection with the R7800. My speeds might be too high to saturate @ 150 down / 10 up.

What's the best way to test if it's working? I have it on but don't really notice a difference on my connection with the R7800. My speeds might be too high to saturate @ 150 down / 10 up.
It says to use it on I believe anything under 300Mbps down not sure about up, mines only 54Mbps dopwn and 17Mbps up. Basically use the network and hard push it and let it prioritise your traffic and if all is working well, and nothing buffers its doing its job. Tbh its worth using on slower connections because things like printers don't need your full pipe but streaming devices like TV's with Netflix and gaming consoles/PC's do, I just leave mine ticking along I have edited it so my iMac gets highest, the rest I have left, my iPad and iPhone are set at high by streamboost my TV (4K HDR ) is higheset and I can download a huge large on my mac, and Streamboost sees 'web traffic' but watch a 4K stream on prime of netflix on my TV and I get more of the pipe and no buffering and a faster startup of netflix/prime than without streamboost. If your network is running well its probably doing its job just fine If you have not read this article it may help. :)
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/does-qualcomms-streamboost-really-work-article.14732/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!