What's new

Stuck Between a few different Routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hyelton

Okay So I prob have about a total of 22 or so devices and average about 10 active at one time and Ever since I left my WRT310n Last year ive been changing routers a lot and want something updated had a WNR3700v2 with DD-WRT but it got to acting up and now using an OLD WRT120n for temp use until I find something.

I`m looking for Reliability , Stable, and fast doesnt have to be dd-wrt compatible.

Currently I`m looking at the

E4200 v1
E3200
ASUS RT-56U
Maybe the E3000 due to it actually having Lan Lights which I like. and Its Cheaper!

I`ve always had good luck with Linksys products BUT I have read a LOT of complaints against the E4200 which one Should I get? I would like to order by tonight. Would the E4200 be better than the E3200? Its just the reviews about how they fail Scare me I just want to plug it up and have QOS for upload, And Speed

Last edited:
If you like the Linksys' go order one from the cisco home store. Refurbs have 30 day return and new have 90, I think.

Why the 4200 v1 vs. v2/EA4500? You don't need to be scared of Cisco Cloud. The latest firmware makes it entirely optional.

If you like the Linksys' go order one from the cisco home store. Refurbs have 30 day return and new have 90, I think.

Why the 4200 v1 vs. v2/EA4500? You don't need to be scared of Cisco Cloud. The latest firmware makes it entirely optional.

Im not really scared of the cloud, Im just scared of the unreliableness of reviews about the E4200.

I ordered one 5 days again V1 from the Cisco store referb and it STILL SAID processing so I cancelled it it it still would not had been here til next week

Sorry to hear about the delay. I don't know that the v2 is any more/less reliable than the V1.

I'd try a v2, maybe from Amazon. They also have no-hassle 30 day return as long as you return it in as-received shape.

I guess I`ll reorder on there and pay for extra shipping. I know with V2 I cant get DD-WRT if I get bored with it lol But would v2 be worth it over V1?

v2 gives you the option of trying the Linksys Apps (formerly Cisco Cloud).

Go get a v1 if you really want it.

Hi,
When you say routers are unreliable, you mean they go bad hardware wise? I mean break down? Years of using various routers I never experienced router going bad but only had one AC power adapter went flaky causing problems. Nothing else going bad except your router?????
When you use WNDR3700V2, did you try trondah's OpenWrt ready-to- use f/w?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!