What's new

Subnet without access to main LAN devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

muligan

New Around Here
Hello, i have been trying to figure this out for a while and every time i start reading about it i feel like its something i have either tried already that didnt work or its something i really cant understand how to configure so i was hoping someone could explain or guide me correctly here so i dont fudge anything up.

I have an AX88U that i would like to set up an subnet on but this subnet should ONLY have access to WAN and also i would like an openvpn server to have access to it but the openvpn server or clients in this subnet can not have access to my main LAN devices.

So easily put, a subnet accessible by asus openvpn server and routed straight to wan without access to anything else with the ability to have local devices routed on to the subnet.
This is the scenario of why i need to do this if it helps,

I have a VM server running at home, i want to give my friend access to one of the ubuntu VMs through VNC but for this he needs to be on my local network since i dont want to port forward.
I want him to access through openvpn and not be able to access anything else but this specific ubuntu VM client.
Since this is a virtual machine with desktop environment, this machine has access to my main LAN and i want to prevent him from using my virtual machine to access my LAN so i need to put this VM and the openvpn server on the same subnet without any other LAN access except for these two to communicate to each other and to the internet (WAN).

Thankful for any tips or assistance!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!