What's new

Sudden Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
This evening, while watching a music concert on my Synology Diskstation, I noticed that both my security cameras went offline and a few moments later, my music streaming froze. When I went to check the RT-AC86U, I noticed that the CPU usage had jumped right up and was maxing out at times. Is there a way to determine the cause of this if it happens again?

Attachments

• Screenshot - 29_07_2020 , 21_40_12.jpg
    Screenshot - 29_07_2020 , 21_40_12.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 127
from terminal use command "top"
it will show running services etc.

Firmware version, a list of any "extras" (i.e. scripts), usb sticks, etc would be useful to know as well, but using SSH to access the router and running "top" as previously mentioned should give you an idea as to what is going on.

Are you on the '18' sw version? I saw similar sporadic 'glitches', reverted to '17'.

Thanks for the responses folks. I saw an entry somewhere in the log about running out of memory, so perhaps that was the cause. I didn't get chance to check anything else as the problem corrected itself after a minute or so and the relevant part of the log has been overwritten, so I cannot go back and check. I do remember that there were also many lines of tabular-style data at around the same time, so something unusual seemed to be going on.

I've disabled or uninstalled the amtm scripts and memory usage has dropped right down from the high 90's to the mid 70's, so I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days and see what happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 30_07_2020 , 08_14_05.jpg
    Screenshot - 30_07_2020 , 08_14_05.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 94