What's new

Suggestion for replacing an E4200 ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bluelude1

New Around Here
I am in the market for a replacement for a E4200v1 that I currently use in bridge mode . Normally I would look to the top of the heap of current tech an pick a replacement from there, but looking at my usage scenario I realized that might be the best bang for the buck way to go.

I use the gigabit Ethernet ports on the E4200 for my wired connections in that area of the house, but as far as wireless devices I have a Surface Pro 2 (2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n), ) tablet and a handful of cell phones. Pretty much everything in the house connected via wired gigabit Ethernet as well as the E4200 so I am not trying to daisy chain wireless signals.

I can appreciate future proofing, but for the above usage scenario I am not quite sure what crosses the line from future proofing to waste for use over the next 18 months.

With all the above taken into account (btw I have concrete walls) would there be a better option then say an EA4500 ?

What Firmware are you using the E4200 in bridge mode ?

Chris