What's new

Suggestions for smart home security cameras?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kiko s

New Around Here
I'm looking into setting up more security cameras around my home - preferably those with motion-detection recording because I don't want it to be recording 24/7. I plan to integrate them into my smart home system that I've set up with my Google Home and Lenovo Smart Display. Any suggestions for which security cameras are best? I also want to be able to stream and monitor the feed via the smart display since there's a screen. Is this possible?

I'm sure you've found something by now but if not, I would recommend EZVIZ cameras. I have 2 of them in my home and absolutely love them. Whenever they detect motion, they alert me and send me a video recording. These cameras will detect motion and automatically pan and tilt where motion is detected.

Go with a bundle of 8 channel DVR and a combination of wired/wireless cameras. Costco sells Q-See and Lorex. Look for a sale. While it is easy to open a port in the router and use from phone, having a OpenVPN capable router and tunnel into to home VPN and view cameras.is slightly more secure. Also never have cameras inside the house. If you can see so does others.
https://onplanners.com/planners/best-daily-planners

Last edited: