What's new

Suitable VPN Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi

So for those visiting from Google I thought I'd just share how I am doing this at my end. Firstly, with this router (Linksys WRT1900ACS), in order to go back to original stock firmware you must do a 30-30-30 reset 3 times, one after the other. This involves holding the reset button while waiting 30 seconds for each step of first holding the reset button for the first 30 seconds, turning it off and waiting 30 seconds again, then turning it back on while waiting with the reset button pressed down. Luckily, for a bit of confirmation that you are doing this correctly, the router light will flash (not blink) giving you an update that it is correctly. Release the reset button for the 3rd 30second wait and it will start flashing. Do this three times and you are back to stock firmware. (I have used this method several times now, doing one 30-30-30 won't do the job)

However unfortunately I can't provide a final solution without a bit of help. I am looking for OpenVPN firmware for my Linksys WRT1900ACS (v2) and can't find anything that works.

I have tried:
- openwrt-19.07.2-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt1900acs-squashfs-factory.img
- openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt1900acs-squashfs-factory.img
- openwrt-19.07.2-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt1900acs-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

None of which have been successful as the router does not work.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Kind regards

So I got it working - seems my network name was simply "dd-wrt" which I had not noticed.

Unfortunately had to drop IPsec as DD-WRT does not support it, went with SoftEther in the end.

Happy days.