What's new

YazFi Support for AP Mode and VLANs for Guest Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paul Smedley

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,

Subject pretty much says it all. Any plans to support devices running in AP Mode?

I run an AX68U in AP mode behind a Firewalla Purple - but would ideally like to isolate some IoT devices using a guest wifi. The Firewalla Purple can handle the VLANs but there's no easy way to configure Guest Wifi/AP mode whilst running in AP Mode.

TIA,

Paul

Pending an authoritative answer from @Jack Yaz I'd say this is highly unlikely. YazFi doesn't use VLANs which is what you're asking for. YazFi creates separate subnets for each guest network and uses routing and firewall rules to allow/block inter-subnet traffic. Therefore the router must be in "router mode".

It's something I want to do, but it feels like a lot of work playing around with vlanctl and robocfg across multiple models...my advice is to buy something that supports VLANs. I moved to a Unifi U6-LR and haven't looked back
Definitely a lot of work that would probably have you (or the users) continuously chasing problems down the road.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!