What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kamaradu

New Around Here
Hello! I would like to conduct a small survey among users of smart home systems. If not difficult, could you answer a few questions below. Thanks in advance!

1. To decide what points do you most often use Settings?
2. What are you missing in the Smart Home app settings?
3. Are there any sections that you think you need to transfer to another place from the Settings?
4. Can you name the application that you like most for ease of use?

Homekit sucks and with the different systems, you have to have a separate controller unit. There is no across the board solution until mfg’s get onboard and make their devices work with a single controller.

I have Smartthings running on its own controller, yet to do my Lutron Cassetta switches, because they need their own controller unit. Luckily my Mysa and Ecobee thermostats can be seen by Google, Alexa, Smartthings, Homekit, without an extra controller unit.

I have two Sylvania units that I had to retire because you are locked into using Homekit only. It is about being a money grab still with IoT mfg’s.

I don't know why you don't like Homekit? To me it seems to work well if you have an AppleTV. This keeps you from having to run a server for scheduling. I also like the security for internet which runs through your iCloud account. It seems safe to me. I do not like the idea of opening firewall ports or depending on a manufacture to maintain a server on the net.

I will take your Sylvania units.