What's new

switch not working when connected to RT AC67 U as mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cureheaded

New Around Here
Hello everybody,

I have asked this question on different forums but no luck so far.
Setup:
- main router : GT AX 11100
- 3 mesh nodes (2x RT AC67U and 1x ac 5300)
I have a netgear poe switch for my cameras. When connected to a rt ac67u the cams are not reachable.

Additional (hopefully usefull) info:
- rt ac 67u: shows up in de asus ui of main router and shows clients connected. so CONNECTION OK
- when I connect a nas (wired) to this mesh it shows in dhcp. so WIRED connection on meshnode working.
- when i connect poe switch to the main router cameras show up. So SWITCH working

So it must be sth in the combo of the meshnode and the poe switch?

am i overlooking sth basic?

thanks for any pointer. I am at the end of my ideas

Hello everybody,

I have asked this question on different forums but no luck so far.
Setup:
- main router : GT AX 11100
- 3 mesh nodes (2x RT AC67U and 1x ac 5300)
I have a netgear poe switch for my cameras. When connected to a rt ac67u the cams are not reachable.

Additional (hopefully usefull) info:
- rt ac 67u: shows up in de asus ui of main router and shows clients connected. so CONNECTION OK
- when I connect a nas (wired) to this mesh it shows in dhcp. so WIRED connection on meshnode working.
- when i connect poe switch to the main router cameras show up. So SWITCH working

So it must be sth in the combo of the meshnode and the poe switch?

am i overlooking sth basic?

thanks for any pointer. I am at the end of my ideas

I had a past issue with a remote node wired VoIP ata losing SIP registration when using UDP protocol, but works fine with TCP... so I set the ata SIP registration for TCP and never looked back. A similar ata wired to the root node never had the issue and uses UDP.

How does your cam behave when wired direct to the remote node?

Your topic title my be a premature conclusion.

OE

I had a past issue with a remote node wired VoIP ata losing SIP registration when using UDP protocol, but works fine with TCP... so I set the ata SIP registration for TCP and never looked back. A similar ata wired to the root node never had the issue and uses UDP.

How does your cam behave when wired direct to the remote node?

Your topic title my be a premature conclusion.

OE
Hi Ozark,
First of all thank you for your time!

Cam connected to node:
- since I want to use the switch as a poe switch to cam. I cannot connect this cam wired to the node (no power)
- when I connect a non-Poe Cam (I use a Foscam FI9826W) wired to the meshnode it works just fine
main router -> (wireless)-> meshnode -> (wired) -> Cam OK
- when I put it in the poe switch (which is connected wired to the meshnode) and give it power ofcourse (normal poweroutlet) als no image and no record in dhcp.
main router -> (wireless)-> meshnode -> (wired) -> Poe Switch -> (wired) -> Cam NOT OK
I also changed protocol from both to tcp only. No luck ....

And yes, when I connect mainrouter -> Poe Switch -> Cam it works as expected (see my question)

EDIT : when I connect node wired to main router (which is ofcourse the opposite of what i want) Poe switch and cams are accessable and then they show in the router ui by the nodeclients and in the dhcp table.

I am really not understanding this. And i really dont wanna drill holes in my walls ...
Any help or pointer in the right direction is very welcome!

Last edited:
Hi Ozark,
First of all thank you for your time!

Cam connected to node:
- since I want to use the switch as a poe switch to cam. I cannot connect this cam wired to the node (no power)
- when I connect a non-Poe Cam (I use a Foscam FI9826W) wired to the meshnode it works just fine
main router -> (wireless)-> meshnode -> (wired) -> Cam OK
- when I put it in the poe switch (which is connected wired to the meshnode) and give it power ofcourse (normal poweroutlet) als no image and no record in dhcp.
main router -> (wireless)-> meshnode -> (wired) -> Poe Switch -> (wired) -> Cam NOT OK
I also changed protocol from both to tcp only. No luck ....

And yes, when I connect mainrouter -> Poe Switch -> Cam it works as expected (see my question)

EDIT : when I connect node wired to main router (which is ofcourse the opposite of what i want) Poe switch and cams are accessable and then they show in the router ui by the nodeclients and in the dhcp table.

I am really not understanding this. And i really dont wanna drill holes in my walls ...
Any help or pointer in the right direction is very welcome!

Sorry, I should have anticipated the POE requirement.

It seems to have something to do with the wireless backhaul. I wonder if @ASUSWRT_2020 would be interested in this one.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!