What's new

SYNOLOGY 409+ paperwieght

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dogdob

New Around Here
I was so exited when my Synology 409+ arrived and had a great time the first day setting it up...unfortunately I have trying to set it up for a WEEK, and am about to return it.

currently struggling with a device not ready for market.

Poor user set up documentation, support is like playing tennis with retarded turtles that have both ADD and amnesia. The user setup documentation was all over the place.....needs to target specific user groups.....ie ones with a router and static IP, ones with static IP through a switch, ones with router and dyanmic IP, ones with a router and portfwding/dmz. They fail to do this and I feel sorry for the many others struggling with these units as i have.

Troubleshooting with most recent firmware.....

Mailstation does not work, cant ping standard ports..even though static IP pings okay.
Webstation does not work properly with flash/xml, apache ported webpage is useless. . pics dont come up either. This page works perfectly fine on other servers.

Filestation is unable to copy larger file groups of files including subdirectories.

FTP works, but with sub 5Mbs transfer rates (false advertising?), using filezilla, gigabit switch.

Synology forums are loaded with fake users(synology payroll) that obviously try to downplay issues, not provide solutions or advice, and are unusually quick to post reply. (i would say this is shady)

Thats totally dishonest, and disrespectful to their consumers.

I suggest you boys hang tough for the moment or seek out a more reliable company/product. And let me go through the pain for you......

happy serving.

Last edited:
Synology 409+

Very sad to read this.
I just wanted to order a 409+, based on the very good performance and software claimed in the factsheet.

Do you have an idea if the 209+ works well? Or alternative?
(it seems to be the same hardware now)

I will mainly use it for reading files of sizes between 1MB and 50MB where I need high read speeds (40MB/sec or better) from Windows XP and Vista PCs.

Someone an idea?

Thx
Sigi

sigiweb. Please look at dogbob's other posts before you write off Synology.

Actually - the same user posted the same comments on another forum and ended up with:

"now things seem to be working as expected....just took WAY to long to recieve support.

but the support (when they became familiar with the case) were very helpful."

I think the user forgot to update the forum here.