What's new

Synology AC2600 or stick to ASUS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shez

Regular Contributor
Hi guys. I've been a ASUS user for a good few years now. Went from the N56U to the AC87U to the AC3200. The AC3200 was a fantastic router - fast, great range and above all extremely reliable.

As good as the AC3200 is I decided I'd got bored of it and purchased an AC88u and have had nothing but trouble with it for the past few days (and given away the AC3200 to my Aunty :/ ).

I have a replacement on the way but I wanted to ask what everyone thinks of the Synology AC2600. I've seen great reviews so far but wanted to know daily users of the devices thoughts. I'm seriously considering it (plus it will play nice with my Synology NAS).

How does the router compare to both the AC88u and the AC3200? (I never used the tri-band features)

Things I'm concerned about are:

Handling of multiple clients - range from 5-20 clients at a time
Wireless range - AC3200 was situated on ground floor and provided wifi 2 floors up across 2 properties (semi-detached) and never had a problem)
Reliability (never experienced any crashes/problems etc with the AC3200)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Synology RT-2600AC/Netgear R7800 both use the same chipset and share a #1 rating on SNB, they have better 5Ghz range/performance than their Broadcom based counterparts like the AC88U and AC3200. Both are pretty reliable, from what I've heard and seen. In addition Qualcomm's Streamboost QoS works very well compared to Broadcom's iQoS, at least for me.

I have a TP-Link C3150, which uses the same chipset as the Asus 88u, and I couldn't be happier. I tried the 88u and the range wasn't as good as the TP-Link so I kept the TP-Link.
If you are set on those two brands then I would suggest the Synology over the ASUS.

I highly recommend the Synology over any Asus for the moment. You'll also find the software highly reliable and very easy to get along with. At most I've used 43 clients with a 2600 without any problems.

Edit: That's 43 wired and wireless. 12 wired and the rest wireless.

You can try linksys counterparts ea8500

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!