What's new

Synology rt2600ac internet speeds slow

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Y_King

New Around Here
I've had the Synology RT2600ac for a while now. I love the router and how stable it is. Recently, my ISP upgraded my speed to 800Mpbs.

I checked through a wired connection on the router and I don't get more than 300Mpbs.

Luckily I had the Linksys WRT3200ACM lying around, so replaced my Synology and used that. Lo and behold, I'm getting just a little over 800Mpbs via the wired connection.

I've checked through all settings - and even traffic control is disabled. But through Synology, my speed seems to be capped at 300Mpbs.

What could be the issue?

I would reset the Synology to factory defaults after you have flashed it to the latest firmware available for it. Even if it already has the latest, still flash it again. :)

With the reset done, don't use a saved backup config file to set it up. Rather, do a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Testing, as you go.

This may be all you need to do to continue using the Synology for a long time once more. :)

Similar to many other brands, you may want to check some of the settings after a reset to default. Many routers default to enabling some of the "smart" tech such as automatic channel selection, steering, etc which in many cases does not result in optimal performance. Manual selection of these types of settings may help improve your throughput. But on a quick google search of the specs, it would appear (on a 15 second glance) that the router itself should be able to handle the speed.

Similar to many other brands, you may want to check some of the settings after a reset to default. Many routers default to enabling some of the "smart" tech such as automatic channel selection, steering, etc which in many cases does not result in optimal performance. Manual selection of these types of settings may help improve your throughput. But on a quick google search of the specs, it would appear (on a 15 second glance) that the router itself should be able to handle the speed.
I'm referring to a direct wired connection via the router - not through WIFI.... I've even reset the router to factory defaults and have ensured that the most recent firmware is installed.

I would reset the Synology to factory defaults after you have flashed it to the latest firmware available for it. Even if it already has the latest, still flash it again. :)

With the reset done, don't use a saved backup config file to set it up. Rather, do a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Testing, as you go.

This may be all you need to do to continue using the Synology for a long time once more. :)
Did just that a while back - still nothing...