What's new

System Log errors?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Will307

New Around Here
Apr 11 06:12:31 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(530): eth4: Auth 00:5F:67:AF:55:60, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Apr 11 06:12:31 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(494): eth4: Deauth_ind 00:5F:67:AF:55:60, status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1), rssi:0
Apr 11 06:12:31 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(530): eth4: Auth 00:5F:67:AF:55:60, status: Successful (0), rssi:0

I am seeing tons of the above messages for the MAC ending in 55:60 -- but I do not have this device on my network as far as I can find???

Do you have a phone or tablet with randomized MAC turned on?

Does that MAC show in the DHCP log?

Well, its always the same MAC?

Yes, an Android or IOS device will choose a random MAC address since you first connect to an SSID up until you forget that SSID and connect again to that SSID.
It is a bit confusing and it creates problems to find that device. And that's the disadvantage.
Personally I turn off randomized MAC for all my devices when connected to home network. That's a per SSID setting in Android and I don't expect to be different for IOS.

That MAC address is from a TP-Link device. Do you have any of those, perhaps a Wi-Fi repeater?

I am seeing tons of the above messages for the MAC ending in 55:60 -- but I do not have this device on my network as far as I can find???

device is going into power save mode - likely a mobile device.

don't worry about it

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!