What's new

System Log-General Log Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MoInSTL

Occasional Visitor
I think I read somewhere here that if the router crashes it reverts the date to December 31 in the log. I have not had a crash, but when I reboot the router I have the December 31 date preceding all post reboot info. So am I correct in assuming it displays the December 31 info when it reboots and not just when it crashes?

I think I read somewhere here that if the router crashes it reverts the date to December 31 in the log. I have not had a crash, but when I reboot the router I have the December 31 date preceding all post reboot info. So am I correct in assuming it displays the December 31 info when it reboots and not just when it crashes?

The router has no battery-backed up clock. So whenever it gets booted, its clock will be set to that date, until it has a chance to set up its clock through NTP, once the Internet connection comes up.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

So the day before yesterday I was really tired when I got home from work and didn't bother to login to my PC. Usually I start my mornings being on my PC with a cup of coffee. I did not do that on Thursday, but yesterday I did and found 2 additional connections I didn't recognize and thinking it was a breach I ended up being late for work as I locked everything down, removed the SSID broadcasting and changed the password (which was already really strong). Here's the thing, I do not use any of the additional features like AiCloud for example. But under USB application I went through every menu tab and noticed under Servers Center that Media Center is left on by default. :mad: One of the "intruders" was iTunes, which I don't use and something else. So first I rebooted and then turned off Media Center Then I went to check the log. It seems funny now, but I went so far as asking my next door neighbor if her 15 year old grandson was playing around! :eek:

Needless to say, I spent most of the evening yesterday getting to know this new router. Btw, I love the added features you added like stealth mode. I have the router on the corner of my desk and the lights were too intense. My WiFi "attack" prompted me to inquire about the log. But I have never noticed two additional connections (and I monitor it to make sure my Directv Cinema Connection Kit connections are showing up) before and if it is on by default then why did they not show up before?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!